With more than thirty years’ experience in providing expert business development, including planning expertise and operational management advice, Malcolm Scott Consultants are dedicated to giving their clients an end to end service for all business needs.
With over 400 jobs to their name, the MSC team provides specialist advice to rural retailers and caterers, focusing on farm shops, garden centres and visitor attractions, advising on every stage of a business plan.
With a portfolio of successful projects within the UK and abroad, the MSC team can advise on all aspects of your business and provide professional advice on all town planning, business development and operational matters.
They offer all FRA members a free telephone consultation call to see how they can support with their business needs, allowing them to identify options moving forward in support of business development, planning and operational requirements.
MSC Services include:
- Business development advice
- Master planning and complete Planning advice
- Farm Shop business review
- Retail Consultancy including full operational reviews, space management use, process management, product ranging, staff training, EPOS development and commercial analysis
- Catering Consultancy including front of house and back of house design, process management, menu development and compliance
- Visitor Attraction Consultancy – events, planning and marketing
- Commercial reviews and budgeting
- Interior and exterior design service
- Online retailing and administration advice
SPECIALIST FARM SHOP PLANNING AND BUSINESS SUPPORT
With extensive experience of consulting on the design and development of garden centres and farm shops throughout the world, MSC know best how to enhance an existing outlet, or how to go about developing a successful new-build.
Their business reviews are detailed processes, enabling the client to see exactly how the project will progress and what return they can expect on their investment.
Following the completion of a business review, the team will often prepare outline drawings which can then be utilised by the chosen company and architect or international specialist supplier.
After construction of the farm Shop or extension, MSC can organise merchandising lists and if necessary supply training manuals for assistance in staffing and operating the centres as well as organising a regular consultancy review of the operations to ensure that each project has the best possible on-going support.