Field Fare – what’s the scoop?
The field fare ‘scoop your own’ concept is unique. Our high quality loose-serve range enables shoppers to choose how much frozen food they buy. There is minimal packaging as shoppers can take their own re-usable containers to purchase, so it’s plastic-free or customers can use a single biodegradable bag. There is also zero food waste as our products are frozen and the shopper decides on the quantity to purchase.
Alongside our loose-serve products, we also have a pre-packed premium range of meals and desserts; the packaging is made with 80% recycled material too.
Experience and Service
We are a family business with over 40 year’s frozen foods experience. We are renowned for our premium quality, freshly-frozen loose and pre-packed products and supply farm shops, garden centres, delis and butchers nationwide.
We pride ourselves on our high level of service and, being a small, friendly independent company, our team understands the entire business and are able to provide comprehensive individual attention to all of our customers.
Each store has their own dedicated Account Manager who will advise on the best and most appropriate product mix, and will install the branded freezers and merchandise the display to maximise sales instore. Regular visits are then made, usually once a quarter to check progress, advise on new lines etc.
Our Product Range
We have an extensive range of over 150 high quality frozen foods (many that can’t be found in the supermarkets) including loose-serve fruit, veg, fish products, bakes and patisserie lines, pre-packed ready meals and desserts.
Our loose-serve products must be retailed in glass lidded branded chest freezers however our broad range of packaged ready meals, savouries and desserts can also be retailed on shelves in upright branded freezers to maximise the space you have available.
Given our broad, diverse range, field fare are the One-Stop-Shop for frozen food – we really can provide all your frozen food needs. One order, one environmentally friendly delivery, and one invoice.
Retail and Catering in One Order
A number of our field fare products are also ideal for use in restaurants or coffee shops which many of our customers have adjacent to their shop. For example, our ready to bake Danish pastries and cookies can be served with morning coffee, Yorkshire puddings and vegetable mixes are ideal served as part of a main meal, our new vegan range is an easy way to cater for the vegan market and much more. We can invoice your shop and cafe separately, whilst delivering together on one pallet, giving you maximum benefit from your single delivery.
The field fare Return
On average, our suggested mark-up gives you a healthy average 36% profit on return for loose-serve products and an average 32% on packaged goods. However as our products, are not pre-priced you are at liberty to retail these at your own RRP should you wish to.
How do field fare Help you Achieve these Margins?
- We supply branding, POS labels and holders FOC*. It has great impact in store and helps shoppers find the right field fare product.
- National marketing support of the field fare brand including consumer advertising, email campaigns, PR, promotions and social media. Along with a contemporary website showcasing the products, a recipe hub plus field fare news.
- Free delivery for orders over 25 cases and discounts for bulk orders.
- Your store will have a dedicated sales manager. He will install the field fare range and offer advice on how to maximise sales instore.
What makes us different?
- We only supply independent stores, mainly farm shops; and some 400 stockists nationwide
- With over 80 loose serve products including fruit, veg, bakery and over 60 ready meals and desserts, we are the One Stop Shop for Frozen
- Everything is delivered in one single environmentally-conscious delivery
- Firm supporters of British farming & have been recognised by hard won permission from the National Farmers Union (NFU) to use the Support British Farmers logo.
- Proud to support the wonderful work of FareShare, a charity that redistribute surplus food as well as Waste not Want Not, an independent food charity in Poole, Dorset.
- Flexible, excellent service guaranteed from a small friendly team with a dedicated Sales Manager
What Our Customer Say about Us
“We are very pleased that we have chosen to work with field fare for our frozen foods, customer reaction has been excellent and I am pleased to see we have placed three orders with you in our first month. Long may it continue” Nurseries and fine food delicatessen, Northamptonshire
“We have stocked a range of field fare products since 2005, when we started with a couple of freezers, increasing in time to 4. We have always found the quality outstanding and importantly consistent. The choice of products is fantastic. Whether it’s the scoop and serve, pastries which are unrivalled for quality and taste or the ready meals which look and taste brilliant.
We have always found field fare a most professional, knowledgeable and organised company, whoever you are dealing with, from taking orders by telephone to the sales team that help take you through set-up and then regular meetings each year to talk through sales etc.
field fare runs particularly well alongside our fresh produce, as there will always be times when fresh seasonal local produce isn’t available. In our opinion, field fare fills that gap perfectly.” Cornwall farm shop *T&Cs apply